I’m always searching for good, quick, and easy breakfast recipes. I had stumbled upon (google searched upon) this one that incorporates some KALE into it which is delicious. I haven’t made this recipe lately since I’ve cut out eggs but it’s still a good one that I’ve shared with others.
Kale Egg Bake Recipe
- 5 oz of chopped kale
- 1 1/2 cups of low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup of thinly sliced green onion
- 1-2 tsp of olive oil
- 8 eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- nonstick cooking spray
- Optional: I also had added chunks of ham into it as well
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray an 8 1/2 inch by 12 inch glass dish with nonstick spray.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the kale all at once, and stir just until the kale is wilted.
- Transfer the kale to the casserole dish, spreading it around so all the bottom of the dish is covered.
- Layer the grated cheese and sliced onions on top of the kale.
- Beat the eggs and salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the kale/cheese combination, and then use a fork to gently “stir” so the eggs, kale, and cheese are evenly combined.
- Bake about 30-35 minutes or until the mixture is completely set and starting to lightly brown.
- Let cool about 5 minutes before cutting. (The egg bake will settle down some as it cools.)