Normally, I would just quickly buy a chicken already cooked from the local grocery store…. But for some strange reason the other day I decided to try my hand at cooking a Homemade Rotisserie Chicken.
In search for a simple recipe I tried this one from allrecipes.com
It calls for the following ingredients..
- Whole chicken (of course)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 TB of salt
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1 TB of paprika
- 1/4 TB of ground black pepper
Again… Very basic.
- Start by emptying out the chicken.. Get rid of all the gross stuff and wash the chicken.
- Add a pinch of salt to the inside of the chicken
- Make sure to tie the chicken up! This is a must!!
- Insert the chicken into the rotisserie cooker and cook for 10 minutes (Note: I added foil beneath to help with cleanup)
- While the chicken is cooking… Mix together all other ingredients.
- Then every so often bask the chicken with the mixture of butter, salt, pepper and paprika until it’s all gone.
- Cook the chicken for about 1 hr. to 1.5hrs… Depending on the size of chicken you have.
- After the chicken is done remove from the cooker and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes!
Then BAM… You have a homemade rotisserie chicken and a really good smelling house 😁
*Only change I would make next time is to add a little more something in the cavity.
– Mommy H.