Back in the day, I used to be a huge fan of South Beach Diet. I still like some of the diet’s concepts but I don’t actually do that particular diet anymore…BUT during that time I did find some recipes that I frequently make for my family.. one being the PESTO CHICKEN RECIPE!
It’s simple, quick, and has some great flavors. So here it is.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of refrigerated basil pesto
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded (feel free to use low fat)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Spread 1/4 cup of pesto in a 9×13 baking dish (I usually just eyeball it)
- Lay chicken breasts on top of pesto and spread with the remaining pesto.
- Cover baking dish with foil
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes (I start checking at 15)
- Uncover baking dish and top with mozzarella cheese
- Bake until cheese is melted